Bharti Airtel today announced the launch of Airtel 3G services in Patna, Airtel’s 3G price plans are personalised and simple to understand:
1. PAYG VBC (Pay as you go): For all existing Airtel 2G customers who want to experience the power of Airtel internet on 3G for a short while, this tariff plan is the solution. The customer will pay the same prevailing data rates as on 2G service, but with the advantage of a faster mobile broadband.
|Plan Type||MRP||Data Rate|
|3G-VBC||Default rate for data access||30p/20Kb|
2. Value plans: These plans allow you a 50% discounted rate over the PAYG VBC plan. Applicable only for postpaid users.
|Plan Type||MRP||Data Rate||Validity|
|Value Plan- Prepaid||Rs.20||15p/20Kb||30 days|
3. Sachet Plans: The objective of these plans is to drive mass trial and adoption of 3G. As part of the Sachet Plans is also a ‘minutes’ based plan wherein customer can access internet on 3G in terms of ‘time’ instead of ‘volume’. This plan is typically suitable for youth wherein lot of internet browsing has traditionally happened through Cyber Cafes on basis of ‘time’.
|Plan Type||Prepaid MRP||Free Data||Validity|
|Sachet Plan||Rs.9||10 MB||1 day|
|Sachet Plan||Rs.45||30 minutes||1 day|
|Sachet Plan||Rs.65||65 MB||3 days|
4. Standard Plans: These plans are best suited for the mid to high-end users of data.
|Plan Type||Prepaid MRP||Postpaid Monthly Rent||Free Data||Validity|
|Standard Plan||Rs.102||Rs.100||100 MB||30 days|
|Standard Plan||Rs.201||Rs.200||250 MB||30 days|
|Standard Plan||Rs.450||Rs.450||600 MB||30 days|
|Standard Plan||Rs.750||Rs.750||2 GB||30 days|
5. FlexiShield Plan: This plan has a combination of free data usage and a low inbuilt Volume Based Charging rate. The plan is constructed in a way that it provides the customer the flexibility to start from a relatively lower initial rent and pay as per usage and shields from a bill shock with a bill cap at Rs. 2000.
|Plan Type||Prepaid MRP||Postpaid Monthly Rent (merge postpaid & prepaid||Free Data||Validity||Remarks|
|FlexiShield Plan||Rs.675||Rs.675||1.25 GB||30 days||1p/100Kb with 3G speed till Total Data Bill reaches Rs.2000, after that no charges on data access with speed of 20kbps|
Airtel has also introduced a first of its kind internet usage calculator (on www.Airtel.in/Airtel3G/) that will help customers monitor and analyse their current internet data usage and choose an Airtel 3G plan accordingly.